Aug 4, 2009

What would this be?



The enigmatic Beauty.
What is this? I do not know!
Once in a September day of the year 2006 there was a lost and alone young seedling growing on the ground close to a Dyckia fosteriana that made seeds not that long ago.
I decided to save the bay from sure death and this is it....

It is a bi generic random crossing hybrid.
What was at bloom at that time in my old house garden?
Nothing! Nothing that I was cultivating.
There were bromeliads on the trees of the street. The street trees in Joinville are all
good places for native Orchids, tree cacti, bromeliads of all sorts.
One sure thing is this is a Half Dyckia fosteriana Plant.
The intriguing is the plant does not emit many roots and it is always loose on the substrate.
Now I used pieces of broken pottery plus substrate. I think its roots will adhere to the pottery.
I will have a better clue when this small beauty present us its flowers.
There were Aechmeas and neoregelias and tillandsias on the trees in hte street.
What should I say?
Hummmmm...






No comments:

Post a Comment