Aug 2, 2009

Dyckia gloriosa



Dyckia gloriosa

Nothing compares to this one, nothing. It is the queen of all queens.
I do have in my garden some of the most beautiful Dyckias but this is
out of any question. It allures me in such a way it is impossible not to surrender to its
incomparable beauty.
This absolutely breathtaking Dyckia is native to Northeastern Santa Catarina.
Its narrow leaves are so long they tend to prostrate.
The spines are well separated from one another but they are very pugnacious and dangerous to your skin. People keep on asking me what it is to find a so unique plant...well a thousand word would not describe the sensation. This sensation gets even intenser when we find out this is a extremely rare species, a non described, not seen one.
This is the plant I do want to describe and God will help me to achieve this.
The name I can think in any better.
Also Dyckia gloriosissima would do good.
This is glorious indeed.
I am still to see any more impressive and gorgeous Dyckia.
I just can´t stop looking at it.
I already have seedling to get to know how the plant gets this wonderful coloration.
The color are permanent in both forms. The green is ever green and the re wine is ever so.



No comments:

Post a Comment