Sep 30, 2009

Dyckia goehringii, when beautiful is much more than gorgeous

If there existed just one Dyckia to to get my eyes wide opened I would think of this.
I cultivate this baby under the heavy rain here in the South of Brazil.
It is happily enjoying the cares.
As you can see it bloomed, its flowers are a nothing comparing to the plant itself.
...and the baby sprouts!

It has sprouted two more times and I removed the pups.
This was one and two years ago and guess what? They are exactly as the day they were separated from the mother plant. They seem to think: Shall I live or shall I die?
Twelve of them sing this in chorus. But maybe now, this Spring..
Hormones? Yes all of them I tried with no success.
Now these babies will get together attached to their mother.
Let them clump!
Here in Joinville Dyckias are all a challenge. We have a climate suit for Anthurium and Phylodendrum here in Joinville, Northeastern Santa Catarina.
Yes, We have native Dyckia but this one up here is a baby from our Cerrado in Central Brazil. Climate is quite another in there.





No comments:

Post a Comment