May 9, 2009

Southwest Bahia young Dyckias sp seedlings



This is not a Dyckia hebdingii. This plant comes from way up North in Bahia.
It is tremendously beautiful plant.
These are young seedlings. The adult plant is show in the following post.
The name ? Well this species has no name up to now.



In my garden, the most fortunate one for I have the pleasure to have an adult and
three young seedlings. I will tell you the story behind this adult plant I present to you in the post prior to this one.
One night I got a phone call from a Friend far way North Brazil. There it is always warm while here in South the winter cold make us tremble. We are so far apart the time and the climate changes completely.
She said to me: I put in the mail the most beautiful Dyckia I had here. It is going in its vase. The vase is an native Indian old pottery. Take care.
I could not sleep for three days and nights. Finally at the end of the fifth day the package arrived. The card box had being wrapped in brown paper three times and when finally I saw the plant...the disaster: everything was a total mass. The plant was in a most miserable state, not eve a single leaf intact. The valious pottery in a thousand pieces.
My friend wrapped that card box in brown paper so many times she forgot what was up and what was down and wrote this side up .....the plant traveled more than five thousand kilometers up sided down and worst: remember it was planted....
The night she called me and asked how was the plant and the vase I answered : fine!
Today, three years after, the plant turn out to be out from this ordinary world.
That is why friends are for!
...and yes: the plant is fine.....now.



No comments:

Post a Comment