May 19, 2009

Dyckia ibiramensis



Dyckia ibiramensis

The plant clones itself easy and promptly.
Blooms in yellow pretty flowers.
This plant is extremely rare in nature and also out of it
My mother was born close to its native place and this plant was used to
prevent my grandmother´s peacocks from picking up the roses buds and flowers.
At that time nobody knew this plant was so scarce and rare.
My mother was born in 1912, almost a hundred years ago.
Native Indians wandered that region.
My grandmother used to hang on a fence post a quarter of a pig on the far end of the farm for the Indians when they were on their way from uphills during winter.
The Indians used to leave the cold West to spend the winter by the sea by the East, feeding on fish and mollusk.
They had no horses like the North American native people did.
Our native people wandered on foot from West to East every autumn and backwards every spring.
One day two entered her huge kitchen, smelled everything including my grandmother head and they left leaving two bead necklaces hanging on a pin by the wall and my mother trembling from head to toes.
My grandmother took those gifts to her own burial years later.
She was a brave woman and I never met her.
She was long gone before I came to be.
Well, Dyckia Ibiramensis and a bit of history.



No comments:

Post a Comment