May 13, 2020

Tomba Bodes hill and its dark red most distinguished resident

 This is Tomba Bodes Hill

 Brazilian  Pine Trees say it is cold here .


 This is the habitat of the dark beauty and dangerous place for one man to be.
Huge loose rocks are always on tumbling. a place for goats and the beauty... 
almost invisible at distance.



Pictures to tell us ... Have in mind these plants are not small ones.
Believe they are more than half a meter in diameter.
the Dyckia delicata var TombaBodes dark is a big plant!



Yes, Dyckia delicata var. Tomba Bodes dark red.
I took these pictures from the distance and this was the closest I got.
I am not fit for that. 



One must be Dyckia crazy...... a photographer from the other side of the planet.
Here we can see why this hill is known as slipping or fall goats.

Impossible to get any closer. No close-ups but certainly fine pictures.


This was December 2016.
We took nothing but pictures.



This plant is not in fine pristine conditions. It is a bit shadowed so it is not so dark due to this condition.
Notice the spines are not extra long as the type form that grows close by in the other side of the small Pardo River.  The it is its beginnings and it is just like a mountain creek.,
This is a plant that fell from the rock above and got stuck, entangled in a small bush.
This was the closest I got to a Dyckia there.
This is still a very very steep terrain and very dangerous to an old guy like me.
 I was going down and alone for the Chinese guy stayed up on the hill.
I WAS SO EXHAUSTED I BARELY COULD TAKE SOME PICTURES.
I wanted to pick one plant but they were too big and I was afraid of scorpions, spiders, and snakes and being alone there it could be suicide to tug into the clump.
My guardian angel said: don´t touch it.



From up the Tomba Bodes we can spot the other side of the Pardo River where the delicata type lives.
The white mark shows where the type form lives.

.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment