May 27, 2020

Today it is a time to think about what we are, where we shall go ...


I will write here some parts of an American version of a French old song "Que rest-t-il de nos amours?" (What is left of our loves?) The words are from  Albert Askew Beach (1924- 1997).
Albert presented his version in 1957. Since then every singer sang this marvelous love song.
It tells about a lover´s good-bye and his/her wishes to his or her once loved girl or guy. It says:
"I wish you bluebirds in the Spring to give your heart a song to sing.
In July a lemonade to cool you in some leafy glade.
I wish you health and more than wealth...I wish you love.
I wish you a shelter from the storm and a cozy fire to keep you warm
but must of all when snowflakes fall...I wish you love."


So in times of pandemic, I feel free to wish you health and more than wealth
TO WISH U LUV.


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7fPFI_HsCY




No comments:

Post a Comment