Jan 18, 2012

A bit about my home



I strongly recommend you to watch this film made in 1970.
Here one of the Villas  Boas Brothers Cláudio, shows the way our native indians lived and facts about them and their culture as well as the beginnings of the most famous Brazilian indian reserve: The Xingu National Reserve. Its a bigger area than most of the countries in the world.
Brazil is the largest country in the world with 100% of its territory free of deserts and eternal ice.
Russia is the biggest but if we exclude the eternal ice and terrible climate areas, the pleasant areas we have there is much smaller than Brazil. China has huge deserts and USA has huge deserts and huge non continuous areas as Hawaii and Alaska. Brazil is the most extensive  continuous area  in the world area without desert without huge mountains or almost impossible to live regions. Every square meter of Brazil is viable for living...and leading a pleasant living...we are green year around...
This film was made when I was 16 years old.
My country, my home, my house when I was 16 years old and we were living under a infamous military regimen. I grew up to hate armies, military uniforms, guns, bombs and all sort of repression... I lived under this  miserable regimen for 30 years.
We were never allowed to watch such a film...time changed everything.
My country is a very different one now...
At those times if we wanted to know of our own country reality we should listen to the BBC  radio from London.
I am 57yo and 30 of them were lived under military rules.
I know precisely well the value and the meaning of the word: LIBERTY!
Brazil...my house, my home.



No comments:

Post a Comment