Apr 3, 2014

Dyckia pottiorum


Deep within South America Heart. 
By Constantino Gastaldi


I have the pleasure and the honor to show you, Dyckia lovers from all over the world ..(. and a bit ahead: the world of the dreamers, the land where just  those wonder to land ....): something real special and breath taking beautiful.

Dyckias are leftover from a very distant in time world a one we are just now getting to know and understand  and in fact answering some  deep important questions.
Dyckias are sun lovers, creatures of light. They are all equipped to lead a life facing the Sun. In nature, they are found form around Buenos Aires up to and well within the Amazonian forest. They get salty water  spray from  the Atlantic Ocean and go West to close the Andes where the condor spread the biggest wings on a bird and flies high.

Dyckias live within the heart of South America  and well within ours.
This passion moved me deep into their world and here I´ve showed it the best I can and I hope  to have achieved the same goal as Dyckias persue and love: LIGHT.

Here I am going to show you  a most recent  finding in Brazilian vast West land,
Dyckia pottiorum. the name celebrates its finder, Anselmo Pot  and the plant was described by Elton Leme, a brilliant well known Brazilian bromeliad lover.

This plant is unique in many ways; it is small, distic shaped and presents many, many looks and colors all distica fan shaped ones. the plant is very very succulent and the leaves are very very brittle.
In my opinion, this is the most astonishing beautiful Dyckia ever shown here.

I will be presenting little by little some of the pictures all taken in wilderness.
this absolutely fantastic plant lives in Mato Grosso do Sul Cerrado land  and shates its honme with the bigest parrot in the world, Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus the giant blue macaw and the also famous giant toucan
Ramphastos toco.
This marvel in leaves lives on red arenitic rocks where it faces the Sun of the Southern most part 0f the Mato Grosso do sul Cerrado area.

Here some pictures of its habitat:
 

This is the Cerrado vegetation and the rock is red arenit.
This is Dyckia Pottiorum habitat.
This are HD pictures and allow you some proximation.


You can spot some Dyckias sp on the arenitic wall, not yet studied.

Here some of the plants, all fan shaped, all prostrated,
 all the most splendored beauties.


Notice most of them initiates blooming.


The golden green ones are the most stricking ones. 
Notice the prostration and the emerging flower stalks. 


They always on rock amid driftwood.
Colors vary fron golden green to white, red ...



Amazingly beautiful...words lack in my brain. 
My eyes bath in sheer splendour...




This is an adult flowering plant.


Small and charming....

I recall some of those old song words:

It´s just too good to be truth I can´t take my eyes all off you.... I wanna hold u so much...
I want u to feel what I  felt... this is real.
There is nothing else to compare.....
The sight of u makes me weak.
I luv u baby!
Oh, pretty baby.
U´re just too good to be true.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFToiLtXro





 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to come across this for the first time! I agree the green one is as stiking as the silver one...so nice to see! Thanks

    ReplyDelete