Jan 30, 2011

Dyckia brevifolia cv Golden Glow Butter

Dyckia brevifolia cv. Gloden Glow Butter form.
Dyckia brevifolia in all its beautiful forms are  very meaningful to me as I was gown with them
myself. since  a child I heard my mother telling me stories of those plants growing by the creek side
were her oldest sister Maria washed their clothes. the water was so clean she could see the Ciclids and their alevins  on the stony bottom of that creek. In September those little rosettes tried to reach the skies with yellow blooms and many bees. My Mother was born in 1912 and my aunt Maria in  1892.
That was long ago! That creek is Ribeirão do Cocho and it makes part of the mighty Itajaí river drainage.
This Dyckia brevifolia cv Golden Glow came from Japan just as a gift.
Many miracles had to be fit like buds in a strand for this to have reached my hands...and it happened!
This was to be  a variation of  The beautiful golden Glow as it is smaller and paler.


 Below a large pot with Dyckia brevifolia cv Golden Glow
See the normal one with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment