Jun 1, 2020

Now, a revelation to open mouths...

 
Yes, I would bet my neck this is a Dyckia brevifolia but IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!
 

dYCKIA BREVIFOLIA LIVES CLOSE, CLOSE TO iTAJAÍ-AÇU RIVER, I showed it many times here in nature., I was born close by and I know it for more than 60years. it was my first Dyckia and the first I met in the wilderness.
Yes,I would say this is a Dyckia brevifolia and I would proudly bet my neck on this.
I WOULD BE DEATH!!!!
THIS IS NOT BREVIFOLIA.


The Itajaí-açu river is entirely a Santa Catarina one. It is born here in my State fos Santa Catarina, exactly downtown Rio do Sul, where I was born 66 years ago.
From Rio do Sul it comes down the mountains casting in between mountains and going EAST!!!!!
Brevifolia is found from Subida till Blumenau. It is a reophytic plant nad it thrives close to the water, 
during floods it gets submerged for weeks in a row.
There are three know varieties and also the magnificent brevifolia Golden Glow which first was found in Texto Salto in Blumenau.


Here something different looking, the begins of the flower stalks...
also one with sharp eyes would notice a thin blue sheen cover. 
The plant is a bit bigger than brevifolia, just a bit but it is.


Now, prepare yourself for the new (not so new but)...
this is the true Dyckia distachya, DYCKIA DISTACHYA TYPE!!!!!

IT COMES FROM URUGAI RIVER. This river is born in Santa Catarina and Rio Grande  do Sul with the junction of two rivers, the Canoas and the Pelotas, it separates Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul and, and, and IT RUNS TOWARD WEST! In its flowing, it finds Paraná River that finds the mighty Paraguay River and finally Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires and Montevideo.
Dyckia distachya was extinguished from nature by a huge dam construction to produce electricity.
the place of its occurrence was close to the small town of Marcelino Ramos.
Many were scientifically collect and relocated in nature and many are kept under cultivation in the Dam plant.

This South in Brazil. I live in Joinville- SC.
The Portuguese word RIO is RIER in English.


Now, I show pictures of Dyckia distachya and Dyckia brevifolia close together:

 Dyckia distachya, notice the pale thin blueish sheen.

Below Distchya is to the left.

Dyckia distachya to the left




Here Dyckia distachya is to the right.


Soon I may show flower pictures. Dystachya flower flair is wider than those of the brevifolia.

I know this is quite shocking for what we took for years as being distachya is, in fact, another reophytic plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment