Dec 28, 2015

Unnamed hybrid Dyckia seedling


Dyckia are all native to Brazil and neighboring countries.
Dyckia hybrids were first made in United States, in California and Florida.
Up there in USA people counted on some Brazilian species and their raw material as not a rich one. People counted on  brevifolias, dawsonii, marnier-lapostolei, fosteriana.
I love hybrids. Some show the best of each partent and more.
Adding to the fact we can create, Dyckias hold much more to show.
New species are found almost in a dayly base as new connoisseurs, entrepreneurs, and Dyckia lovers are also getting more and more.
Dyckia use to habit some of the more inaccessible places.
some months ago I was told a Dyckia was living downtown Apiúna, a small town in Santa Catarina.
The plant was living in a granitic and basalt rock formation looking like a Sugar loaf (Pão de Açucar) in Rio de Janeiro. I doubted initially and went to confirm and it was really there, a new brand new, never seen Dyckia species downtown a small town!!!
Well, I showed here the pictures I took but they did not showed the reality. The plant is fantastic armed with powerfull huge yellow spines.
The place is so steep I could not took pictures of the best plants as simply I could not remove any hand from the rock in order to prevent falling.
I am 61yo and not any bit to rock climbing.
Now I am arranging some specialized help and also the proper weather conditions to get back there.
Well, what I am trying to say here is: a new species may be as stunning looking as the best hybrid and also as difficult to get. The emotion is basically the very same.
Dyckias enable you to make your own beauties, your never seen before ones.
I do have much raw material, species the hybridizer pioneers did not count with.
You can have them by requiring the seed list I have always updated.
constantinog@terra.com.br

This young beauty is turning into a  very beautiful reddish shade.
A Dyckia does not show its final looks until it has bloomed,
 so this one here has much to show ahead.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment