Oct 5, 2015

Dyckia sp Apiúna-SC.New, first photoghraphed today.


I never, never found a so hard to reach Dyckia .
Vilson Müeller and me we deiced  it was today or never so we made the 150km trip from Joinville to Apiúna, today.
These two pictures shows populations of this brand new found Dyckia sp.
the rock wall is mostly 90 degrees, vertical.
i am 61yo and I can´t not climb vertical rock wall. Wilson helped and he was brave enough to get some plants.
I barely could hold myself amid the forest, feet and arms were all too occupied in hold me on. the camera could not be operated.
We must get back there and better equipped.


 Look, the new beauty. It cam assume  several forms as it grows in open area and also in the forest and those are much bigger and greener due to the forest condition. The environment is very similar to that of the Dyckia delicata some 600 km South from here.






 
The plant is extremely ornamental.
Some individuals are totally solid Yellow and we must find out how to get to them. 
Decidedly not a task I can take.


Notice the yellow big thorns here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment