Oct 28, 2009

First blooming always set my heart afire.....and my imagination too.

Ultra,hipper rare this most probable Dyckia marnier-lapostollei affinis
will bloom by the very first time here in my garden.
Maybe the flowers won´t be self fertile, maybe.
If so I shall not waste the opportunity to use some Peter Pan´s fairy TinkerBell´s
golden dust.

Will they be red?Will they open fully? Will they scent?
Will they self fertilize?
Who will they fall in love with?
Will they be one of those impossible to fertilize Cerrado plants?
No one can help me here. No one had this plant before...
This is native to Minas Gerais and Northeast Minas Gerais.
This alone is too a weird and odd fact for all
Dyckia marnier-lapostollei were found west from here.

It was found close to the city of Tepofilo Otoni, a precious gem mining
area. Topazes, emeralds, water marines and many other Brazilian
gems are found there. This is a living diamond!


No comments:

Post a Comment