Jun 21, 2009

What a surprise!!!



Isn´t it pretty?
No! It is a wonderful Dyckia.
For those who like them silver:
A full dish,as we say in Portuguese.



I always knew this was a hybrid. I took it for hybrid and that was it.
Seemed to have some Dyckia fosteriana blood in it.
I received this plant already potted and it hat three heads. It was a beautiful small plant.
Why did I get it and where from ?



I gave some Santa Catarina native notocacti to a Professor whose mother lives way up North from here in Goiás. She is fond of cacti and rock dweller orchids.
One day this professor came to my house with a gift form his mother.
This is a Dyckia my mother said you would not have...
Well that was it! That was it up to yesterday night.



It was Maria calling, the professor´s mother.
Constantino, that plant I sent to you is not a hybrid. I collected it myself and I collected for you since I just look for orchids and cacti. This plant is on a rocky mountain close to my sister farm here in Goiás, Southwest Goiás.
Are you crazy Maria, have you eaten too much puddin? I joked.
No my dear, correct your blog, please.
But it is all in English do you understand it?
Of course, I lived for 30 years in London and and my son is a Londoner...
That is it I got a Londoner young friend here and a wonderful unnamed wonderful
Goianian Dyckia.
I am dizzy...
Maybe she may help me through my broken English.....too.


No comments:

Post a Comment