Jun 29, 2009

Dyckia eruca ( Proposal for a name.)



Look, I am mesmerized by this!
Look at this flower stick.
It seems to be a short one.
I never saw this plant before.
I know nothing about it.
Dyckia eruca is not a valid name. The plant is not described yet.
Eruca means in Latin burning as fire.
The plant came to be red as fire too.




The plant was found by Noeli and me . They were all destroyed by campers
who built a campfire just on the Dyckias.
The plant was vanished forever from the face of the Earth was not Noeli who insisted in bring down the mountain four burned to carbon leftovers of a plant. They were loose and burned completely. Noeli insisted. We imagine they were Dyckia tuberosa a far too common plant in that area. Se left three in my garden and took just one with her. Recently looking at this blog she said hers was beautiful too. The following day she was here inmy garden with her plant . So I have four plants and most probably are the only ones in all planet.
Two plants are blooming lets hope for that one from Noeli too.


No comments:

Post a Comment