Jun 14, 2009

Dyckia hebdingii



Dyckia hebdingii
The purest strain!



These plants are native to Rio Grande do Sul.
If one said to me they are from Paradise I would have believed.
They are rarer than pure blue/white big diamonds and also a bit more beautiful.



There are some culture trick to get and maintain these beauties:
They do not stand hosing. Water hosed on them washes away the silver cover!!!
They need plenty of sun!!!
They need lots of organic fertilizer to keep these way!
Now believe me it can not get whiter than this!
I myself, used to this, drool bucket over them....
...and now a secret: never, never bloomed here. Something is too much or missing in here.
Last year wilderness blooms were swallowed by three cows. All of them! No flower stem was left.
They must be very sweety....

No comments:

Post a Comment