Aug 30, 2009

Dyckia chorestaminea smallest species native to the northernmost are of the Lagoa dos Patos in Rio Grande do Sul.

These plants are so small they would fit in one hand of yours
and some room would still be free.
The upper plant is a rubra one.


This is one of the rarest Dyckias native to Rio Grande do Sul.
It is the smallest Dyckia chorestaminea variety and also the most beautiful.
Thrives on rocks high in a stone hill in the Nothermost area of Dyckia chorestaminea habitat.
It is in fact the North easternmost variation.
Here you can have an idea of size and observe they are blooming.
This is of of the most difficult Dyckias to keep alive in cultivation.
They must be kept in a most ventilated position and the water may not
stay on the substrate but just pass through it.
It is a so rare and difficult to be kept plant I consider these my Garden´s birthday
gift to me as today I am entering mine 55 year as I was born in August 30th, 1954.
This is a sunny 22 degrees Centigrade Sunday and my garden is under the most perfect
blue sky and I ask you a gift from yours no matter who nor where you are:
Try to be kind, peaceful, forgiving to yourself and anyone around you: people, animals, and all situations. Kindness is the most perfect gift I wish from e for you today.
Be kind to yourself and be blessed.
This I wish to you in abundance and endlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment