Mar 16, 2010

Dyckia gloriosa...the Queen of all the Queens

Species! No other compares to  to it.
Found in the Northeatern Santa Catarina Uphills.
The plant bears many extremely long and narrow strongly colored leaves.
The under leaveas are deep silver and contrasts weel with the wonderful red/wine coloration of the leaves.A bouquet of intensely colored long narrow ribbons, tied togetther.
Its gold small spines are disposed far apart for each other.

The first time I saw the plant I thought the coloration was not true and it was a phase and would not last long in cultivation. The color is absolutely true and stay so year around. I never saw a Dyckia plant close to this in any respect. Everythging is different and new here. Its orange flowers open fully wide, are scented, big and beautiful.

This is my dreamed dream plant.

I am still to see a more impressive Dyckia plant. Oddly enough it wasfound 46 km away from my garden on a paradisiac portion of  the Northeastern Santa Catarina.


No comments:

Post a Comment