Aug 22, 2013

New, new, new..........from Rio do Sul-SC Where I was born!




This is all I have:
One picture recently taken by my friend since we were children. Paulo Fernando Cé. He loves bicycling and climbed a hill in Rio do Sul and found this beauty.
The plant lives on top of a mountain 960 meters above sea level
It is a new found species for sure. Look.
We are all excited. Will it be new? Rubras? Whites?
Will it be one look all around. will it present some oddities, some peculiarities.
I will be there in 48 hours. It is relatively close by Joinville where I live, just a three hours trip by good road.
will it be a Dyckia reitzii relative?
It is a mountain dweller. It took some snow a month ago in there.
Frosts are common place.
Serra do Taboão- Rio do Sul - Santa Catarina

I am very happy!!!
Can you imagine this?
Rio do Sul.













http://www.realmidia.com.br/IMG_1610.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment