Dec 23, 2011

I made it!!! Finally a huge red beast! Dyckia hb encholirioides

This is quite a sensation! 
Dyckia encholirioides (enraged in Latin) is a drab green  huge Dyckia species that lives close to the Atlantic Ocean From Florianópolis in Santa Catarina to São Paulo State Latrina rocky or sandy beaches.
there is no rubra and no red encholirioides and I dreamed of it.
..if nature can not offer me I have to make it by myself... and I did it!
Look this is a very young one.... 
We must find out a name.. a Brazilian one, in Portuguese!
It comes from a vary rare and beautiful Dyckia encholirioides spinosissima which is smaller than a encholirioides type and native to Praia do Erwino here close by
Joinville in Santa Catarina Brazil where I live.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful plant...congraulations...I don't know the translation in Portuguese, but how about "The Devils Horns" or the "The Devils Tail"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!...It is indeed a stunning beauty! Very complex shades on pinks & red. ' Novo Sol '...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy, the name you say in Portuguese goes for:
    Aspas do Tibinga or Aspas do Diabo.
    Max, New Sun, Novo Sol is great, thanks.

    ReplyDelete